School of General Education
The General Education program supports the academic, social, personal, and professional development of learners throughout their engagement with the University. It also provides a learning experience that is engaging, enjoyable, and applicable to students' personal and professional lives while preparing students to meet expectations in chosen fields of study. Kaplan University is committed to professional and career preparation for all graduates. As an institution and an educational community, we commit to graduating "thinkers who can work and workers who can think."
Kaplan University Professional Competencies
At Kaplan University, we offer a wide array of programs designed to prepare you for success in your chosen career field. We believe that professionalism is the key to career success. Exhibiting professionalism allows you to engage in behaviors that contribute to a positive, productive, and cohesive work environment: communication, teamwork, leadership, problem solving and critical thinking, personal presentation, and multiculturalism and diversity. Through repeated practice and study throughout your academic program, you will understand and learn to exhibit professionalism in your chosen career. Each outcome will be present in one-sixth of all major requirement courses.
- Teamwork: Work in teams to achieve collective goals.
- Leadership: Demonstrate leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully lead teams within one's profession.
- Personal Presentation: Demonstrate professionalism in a variety of situations.
- Multiculturalism and Diversity: Leverage the strengths of multiculturalism and diversity for the benefit of the organization and community.
- Graduate Communications: Demonstrate professional written and verbal communication to achieve positive results.
- Graduate Problem Solving and Critical Thinking: Apply critical thinking and problem solving behaviors.